How Can Our Southampton Quartz Worktops Team Assist You?
Before we get into talking about how our quartz worktops Southampton team can help you, let’s first look at what quartz worktops actually are.
What Are Quartz Worktops?
Unlike granite, quartz worktops are actually man-made. Rather than being a piece of stone, they actually only contain around 90% stone. While counters with less than 90% stone content are available, we strongly recommend against buying these as issues are likely to develop with them. Typically, the remaining 10% is comprised of resins, polymers, and various pigments.
It’s these resins and pigments which are responsible for the vast array of colours, patterns, and styles available. In fact, quartz worktops in Southampton and in general are available in colours not found in nature. Granite, for instance, doesn’t come in white. Also, the colours of more exotic granite options can be found as quartz versions, often at half the price.
It should also be noted that, unlike granite which requires sealing, quartz worktops are non-porous by design. This makes them highly resistant to staining. They also rank higher on the Mohs hardness scale than knives, making them highly scratch-resistant. We still advise using chopping boards, however.
Now that you have this information, let’s take a look at our service. At Change of Style Granite & Stone Ltd, we provide an initial consultation in which we’ll carry out our FREE templating service. Templates are important during the next stage as they are from what we cut and shape your quartz worktops in Southampton. Once the consultation is concluded, you’ll be presented with a FREE, no-obligation quote.
If you choose to proceed, we’ll set about using the latest CNC machinery and tools to cut each piece in-line with the template. We can cut with a great deal of precision; in fact, CNC machinery is far more precise than more conventional approaches. Once cut, each piece will be polished and finished before being inspected for quality. If it passes this check, it’ll be delivered and installed in your home.